Over the course of a year, more than 20,000 Minnesotans will experience homelessness and Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander and Communities of Color are disproportionately impacted with 1 in 67 Minnesotans of color experiencing homelessness compared with 1 in 641 white Minnesotans.
Recent data from our 211 resource helpline revealed a 286 percent increase in housing needs — requests related to housing have continued to be elevated compared to pre-pandemic levels.
Each year, thousands of households in the greater Twin Cities transition from homelessness to stable housing, but lack the everyday resources needed for a safe, stable home. This year, our Home For Good initiative is back with a goal to provide 850 local families with “Welcome Home Kits”. These kits include as towels, hygiene items, kitchen utensils, cleaning supplies, a blanket and more.
You can help welcome families home for good.
1. Volunteer at Home to provide essential household items!
Please note, our final collection day is scheduled for October 27. View list of drop-off locations here.
2. Make a gift to support local families!
- Donate to support families transitioning to stable housing
- Shop the Home For Good’s Amazon Wish List
3. Rally together your company or organization to host a Home For Good Satellite Project!